Please read these terms carefully before using Quilter Client Portal.
- This document ‘the Terms’ sets out the legal basis of your agreement with us for access and use of Quilter Client Portal.
- By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you agree to comply with them. If you do not understand any of these terms or if you have any questions, you should contact your Financial Adviser.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Any defined words (other than personal pronouns) are shown with their first letter capitalised, and are explained below:
- Financial Adviser means a firm or individual authorised to provide advice and arrange or carry out investment transactions on your behalf and who is a member of the Quilter Financial Planning Network.
- Quilter Network means any subsidiary of ours which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Quilter Client Portal means the secure client portal provided by us to you via the internet (myfinanceportal.co.uk). You may access your policy documents, valuations and communicate with your Financial Adviser.
- Security Details means the username, password and any other requirements, procedures, methods, measures or devices we may introduce in the future.
- We, us and our means Quilter Financial Planning Limited registered in England at Wiltshire Court, Farnsby Street, Swindon, SN1 5AH under company number 440703.
- You and your means the person requesting the use of Quilter Client Portal.
Accessing Quilter Client Portal
- It is your responsibility to keep your Security Details confidential and you must not divulge, share or record them in a way that allows them to be used by anyone else.
- No one, other than you, should use your Security Details to access Quilter Client Portal.
- If you believe that someone else knows your Security Details you must notify your Financial Adviser immediately so that they can change or disable your Security Details.
- It may be necessary for us to suspend or withdraw your access to Quilter Client Portal by disabling your Security Details. We may choose to do this if we believe that it is necessary for security reasons or to prevent suspected unauthorised or fraudulent use of Quilter Client Portal.
Availability of Quilter Client Portal
- In order to gain access to Quilter Client Portal you must enter your Security Details.
- When using Quilter Client Portal, you must follow any procedures and instructions that we give you.
- It is your responsibility to have suitable computer equipment and software available and make all necessary arrangements to use Quilter Client Portal. You will be responsible for any telephone, internet service provider and other charges you incur as a result of obtaining access to Quilter Client Portal.
- You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of Quilter Client Portal and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt Quilter Client Portal or any computer site, server, router or any other internet-connected device.
- We accept no responsibility for any information contained in any website accessed via a hypertext link from Quilter Client Portal. The content, accuracy and opinions expressed in such websites are not checked, analysed, monitored or endorsed by us.
- As the information contained within Quilter Client Portal is based on information which we periodically receive from third parties, any valuations displayed may not be up to date. We cannot therefore warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within Quilter Client Portal and no liability is accepted for any errors or omissions in such information. If you require an accurate valuation, you should contact your Financial Adviser.
- We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any content of Quilter Client Portal will be free from infection, viruses and /or other malicious computer code including those that have contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output.
- We aim to have Quilter Client Portal available at all times however we are not obliged to provide Quilter Client Portal at all times, and we may withdraw, suspend or restrict service temporarily without prior notice at our discretion. There may also be times when we need to shut it down for maintenance or updating, or if we feel that there is a security risk.
- If we are unable to offer Quilter Client Portal we will aim to work quickly and efficiently in order to minimise any effect this may have on your ability to access Quilter Client Portal. We will not be liable for any losses or damages you or third parties have suffered if Quilter Client Portal is not available at any time.
- Wherever possible, we will give you notice of our intention to withdraw, suspend or restrict your access to Quilter Client Portal.
- We may permanently withdraw all or any of the services at any time in the future. We will give you 30 days’ notice if we intend doing this.
Terminating these Terms
- We may change these terms to reflect a change in technology or to cover an improvement or change in Quilter Client Portal or other services we provide. If we do change any of these terms, we will tell you about the change the next time you use Quilter Client Portal. Before you can continue using Quilter Client Portal we will ask you to view the changes and you must confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to the changes.
- We reserve the right to alter the content, presentation, performance, facilities and availability of all or any part of the screens through which you access Quilter Client Portal, and Quilter Client Portal screens themselves, at our sole discretion. Unless we have specifically agreed to give prior notice to you we may make such changes without notification to you.
Information Technology Failure and Force Majeure
- You may terminate these terms at any time by notifying us.
- We may terminate these terms and your use of Quilter Client Portal at any time.
- If we decide to terminate, we shall, subject to paragraph 6.4 and wherever possible, give you at least 30 days’ notice.
- We may terminate these terms without notice if we believe you are no longer eligible to use Quilter Client Portal including (without limitation) if:-
- you have given us or your Financial Adviser false information or have acted dishonestly in your dealings with us or your Financial Adviser;
- you have authorised someone to use Quilter Client Portal with your security details, without our consent;
- you are seriously and/or persistently in breach of these terms; or
- your Financial Adviser is no longer a member of the Quilter Financial Planning Network.
Use of your information and cookies
- We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these terms if we are prevented from doing so by reason of-
- failure outside our control of our information technology systems, provided we have reasonable procedures in place by way of a disaster recovery programme; or
- other supervening acts outside of our control, for example (but not limited to) an act of God, war, terrorism, riot, fire, flood, national emergency, radioactivity, sonic bangs, electronic storms, pollution, contamination or industrial action.
Liability and Indemnity
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Quilter Client Portal or any content on it, whether expressed or implied.
- We accept no liability for any loss, damage or expenses suffered by you as a result of:-
- your use of or inability to use Quilter Client Portal;
- your use of or reliance on any information displayed in Quilter Client Portal;
- any withdrawal of Quilter Client Portal;
- any failure of Quilter Client Portal (whether such failure is caused by events within or outside our control);
- Quilter Client Portal not being available any particular time for whatever reason; or
- any errors or omissions in information contained in Quilter Client Portal.
- Only you can enforce these terms.
- We may from time to time waive any of these terms but if we do so at any time it does not mean that we will do so in the future.
- If any provision of these terms become void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part.
- These terms are to be interpreted in accordance with and are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction of any dispute arising from these terms.
- All material on this website is Copyright © 2018 of Quilter Financial Planning Limited, a company within Quilter’s group of companies and/or third parties who have granted Quilter Financial Planning Limited and/or Quilter group of companies a right to use such copyrighted material.
- Information accessed through Quilter Client Portal is protected under copyright law. You may not copy, re-publish or re-distribute the information obtained through Quilter Client Portal for commercial purposes or gain except with our prior express agreement.
- If you wish to publish or distribute written marketing or other promotional material based upon the content of Quilter Client Portal, you may only do so having first obtained our prior written consent.